Our goal is to create the most comprehensive, standards-compliant and up-to-date directory of machine-readable API definitions with the following principles:
- Open source, community driven project.
- Only publicly available APIs (free or paid).
- Anyone can add or change an API, not only API owners.
- All data can be accessed through a REST API.
If you want to reference this project and you need an icon or even a banner, check our branding guide.
What does APIs.guru do?
- Filter out private and non-reliable APIs
- Convert non-OpenAPI formats into OpenAPI(fka Swagger) 2.0
- Fix mistakes, ~80% of definitions have some
- Add additional data, like: logo, categories, …
- Update definitions on at least a weekly basis
API definition acceptance criteria
- Public - anyone can access it as long as they follow some clearly defined steps (subscribe, pay fees, etc.).
- Persistant - API is made with long-lived goal, and not for a particular event (conference, hackathon, etc.).
- Useful - API should provide useful functionality not only for its owner.
All definitions are automatically updated from their original source.
You can see this under
x-origin property inside each of
We run our update script at least weekly and manually check diffs before commit.
If you see some APIs are not updated for more than 2 weeks please open an issue.
- https://any-api.com - Documentation and Test Consoles for Public APIs
- https://datafire.io - allows you to process and transfer data between APIs, databases, and more
- https://sdks.io - Explore Automatically Generated SDKs
- https://cenit.io - Data integration platform
- commandcar - Curl on steroids
- Material Swagger UI Hub - testing and exploring hub for Material Swagger UI demo
- Paw - The most powerful HTTP client for Mac - You can import definitions and directly play with the APIs, see how
- Bitscoop - A better way to create and maintain integrations
- WinSwag - A UWP app for loading Swagger definitions and exploring REST APIs
Also used as test suite in the following projects:
- ReDoc - Swagger-generated API Reference Documentation
- swagger-parser - Swagger 2.0 parser and validator for Node and browsers
- SwaggerProvider - F# Type Provider for Swagger
- ardoq-swagger-addon - Ardoq Open API (Swagger) Addon
- swagvali - Module to build validators for Swagger(OpenApi) Request parameters and Response objects
- swagger-search - An application that collects and indexes swagger docs from your microservices architecture
Integration with 3rd-party services
We discourage you from using Github RAW links or Git directly, the repository structure may change in the future. Instead, we strongly recommend you to use our REST API.
All code is released under the MIT licence.
All API definitions contributed to project by authors are covered by the CC01.0 license.
All API definitions acquired from public sources under the Fair use principle.
Some definitions are taken from Open Source projects:
- darklynx/swagger-api-collection - OpenAPI(aka Swagger) description for Instagram API
- Mermade/bbcparse - OpenAPI(fka Swagger) definition for BBC Nitro and iBL APIs
- amardeshbd/medium-api-specification - OpenAPI (fka Swagger) 2.0 description for Medium API
- faragorn/open-api-specs - OpenAPI definition for the Giphy API