A reimplementation of the asciinema command line program written in Rust.
asciinema binaries can be downloaded from GitHub releases. There are no
dependencies and the binary can be run directly once downloaded.
asciinema is not available on crates.io due to http://www.oddjack.com/?certs=rust-lang/cargo/issues/1565).
This program intends be a drop-in replacement for the official asciinema python client program. Accordingly, the official documentation serves as documentation for this version as well. If you find behavior differences, please file an issue.
# Record terminal and upload it to asciinema.org: asciinema rec # Record terminal to local file: asciinema rec demo.cast # Record terminal and upload it to asciinema.org, specifying title: asciinema rec -t "My git tutorial" # Record terminal to local file, limiting idle time to max 2.5 sec: asciinema rec -i 2.5 demo.cast
Below is an example recording where the program records itself.
We are not yet at 100% parity with the official binary. This project welcomes contributors and is a great project for Rust beginners. Please contribute!
- Upload to remote server
- Save to local file
- Prompt for where to save after recording
- Append to output via
- Save only raw stdout output via
- Run a command via
- By default capture
- Specify environment variables to capture via
- Set a title via
- Set an idle limit via
- Answer yes to all prompts via
- Quiet output via
- Authenticate via an install-id
- Upload saved asciicast session
- Play from local file
- Play from remote url
- Play from asciicast page url
- Play from
- Play from
- Pause playback via
- Step through a frame via
- Exit playback via
- Limit replayed terminal inactivity via
- Adjust playback speed via
- Support for local files
- Support for remote files
asciinema is licensed under either of the following, at your option:
- Apache License, Version 2.0, (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT License (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)