Drupal 8 Certification Study Guide
Notes based on the Acquia Certified Drupal 8 Developer Study Guide and other resources.
For the record, I officially passed my exam on 4/24/2017 at DrupalCon Baltimore.
There are still some sections still missing from the below documentation, but I will continue filling sections out to make a more complete study guide over the next few months. Feel free to open PRs, adding new info and correcting any mistakes you may find.
It is highly recommended that you also read the Drupal 8 User Guide as much of the site building section (including the missing notes in this repo) covers what is in the user guide.
This study guide used in tandem with the 'Drupal 8 Certification Crash Course':
Disclaimer: This is not officially related to the Acquia certification process. These notes are just based on what I thought was important while I studied. Your results may vary.
Study Guide Success Stories
- David Porter - Passed exam 4/21/2017
- David Stinemetze - Passed exam 4/24/2017
- Jonathon Thompson - Passed exam 4/27/2017
- Tyler Fahey - Passed exam 7/3/2017
- Adrianna Flores - Passed exam 8/12/2017
- 2.1 - Content Types
- 2.2 - Display Modes
- 2.3 - Taxonomies
- 2.4 - Blocks
- 2.5 - Menus
- 2.6 - Views
- 2.7 - Configuration Management
- 2.8 - Multilingual
- 2.9 - Web Services
- 3.1 - Creating Themes and Subthemes
- 3.2 - Theming Concepts
- 3.3 - Twig Syntax
- 3.4 - Overriding Twig Templates
- 3.5 - Preprocessors
- 4.1 - Object-Oriented Programming
- 4.2 - Custom Modules
- 4.3 - Data Storage
- 4.4 - Essential APIs
- 4.5 - Coding Standards
- 4.6 - Performance
- 4.7 - Security