EAST: An Efficient and Accurate Scene Text Detector
This is a tensorflow re-implementation of EAST: An Efficient and Accurate Scene Text Detector. The features are summarized blow:
- Online demo
- Result example: http://east.zxytim.com/?r=48e5020a-7b7f-11e7-b776-f23c91e0703e
- CAVEAT: There's only one cpu core on the demo server. Simultaneous access will degrade response time.
- Only RBOX part is implemented.
- A fast Locality-Aware NMS in C++ provided by the paper's author.
- The pre-trained model provided achieves 80.83 F1-score on ICDAR 2015 Incidental Scene Text Detection Challenge using only training images from ICDAR 2015 and 2013. see here for the detailed results.
- Differences from original paper
- Use ResNet-50 rather than PVANET
- Use dice loss (optimize IoU of segmentation) rather than balanced cross entropy
- Use linear learning rate decay rather than staged learning rate decay
- Speed on 720p (resolution of 1280x720) images:
- Graphic card: GTX 1080 Ti
- Network fprop: ~50 ms
- NMS (C++): ~6ms
- Overall: ~16 fps
- Graphic card: K40
- Network fprop: ~150 ms
- NMS (python): ~300ms
- Overall: ~2 fps
- Any version of tensorflow version > 1.0 should be ok.
- Models trained on ICDAR 2013 (training set) + ICDAR 2015 (training set): BaiduYun link GoogleDrive
- Resnet V1 50 provided by tensorflow slim: slim resnet v1 50
If you want to train the model, you should provide the dataset path, in the dataset path, a separate gt text file should be provided for each image and run
python multigpu_train.py --gpu_list=0 --input_size=512 --batch_size_per_gpu=14 --checkpoint_path=/tmp/east_icdar2015_resnet_v1_50_rbox/ \ --text_scale=512 --training_data_path=/data/ocr/icdar2015/ --geometry=RBOX --learning_rate=0.0001 --num_readers=24 \ --pretrained_model_path=/tmp/resnet_v1_50.ckpt
If you have more than one gpu, you can pass gpu ids to gpu_list(like --gpu_list=0,1,2,3)
Note: you should change the gt text file of icdar2015's filename to img_*.txt instead of gt_img_*.txt(or you can change the code in icdar.py), and some extra characters should be removed from the file. See the examples in training_samples/
If you've downloaded the pre-trained model, you can setup a demo server by
python3 run_demo_server.py --checkpoint-path /tmp/east_icdar2015_resnet_v1_50_rbox/
Then open http://localhost:8769 for the web demo. Notice that the URL will change after you submitted an image.
?r=49647854-7ac2-11e7-8bb7-80000210fe80 appends and that makes the URL persistent.
As long as you are not deleting data in
static/results, you can share your results to your friends using
the same URL.
URL for example below: http://east.zxytim.com/?r=48e5020a-7b7f-11e7-b776-f23c91e0703e
python eval.py --test_data_path=/tmphttps://github.com/images/ --gpu_list=0 --checkpoint_path=/tmp/east_icdar2015_resnet_v1_50_rbox/ \ --output_dir=/tmp/
a text file will be then written to the output path.
- How to compile lanms on Windows ?
Please let me know if you encounter any issues(my email boostczc@gmail dot com).