The nuage_vspk module for Ansible allows you to manage or find Nuage VSP entities, including:
- Search for an entity
- Wait for a job to finish
- Change passwords on users (can not be done through regular update)
- Wait for a job
More details on the Wiki
Trying the module
- Clone this repository onto a machine with Ansible and VSPK-Python installed, which has access to your VSD.
- Adapt the
nuage-vspk-tests.ymlfile to reflect your environment and the roles you want to execute
- From within the repository folder, execute
parent_typeare the CamelCase values of the classes in the Python VSPK (without the
NUpart). Example, a domain template should be mentioned as
DomainTemplate, as can seen in the Domain Template VSPK doc:
propertiesshould be represented by there lowercase-underscore names, as documented in the Nuage Python VSPK docs.
match_filteris used as a way of finding a specific entiy (if no
idis specified), if this is omitted, a filter is build based on all
properties, which in most cases will fail.
- For the
match_filter, the filter should use the camelCase names of the properties as in the Nuage API docs, for instance:
name == 'Allow all policy' and policyState == 'DRAFT'.
The roles folder holds two roles that serve as examples. The basic role will show each functionality available for the module, creating, updating, assigning, unassigning and deleting entities.
The advanced role will create a Enterprise with an admin user, a domain template which holds 3 zones, 3 subnets, an ingress, egress and forward policy setup and 2 domains instantiated from the domain template. After this, it will pause so you can verify ths in your Nuage VSD Architect. When pressing enter, the role will clean up after itself. Aborting instead and running again will demonstrate idempotency.
This module is in active development and in beta stage. As such, this module is not officially supported from a Nuage Networks product perspective.
- Nuage 4.0R5 and VSPK-Python 4.0.5
- Nuage 4.0R7 and VSPK-Python 4.0.7
- Nuage 4.0R8 and VSPK-Python 4.0.8
- Nuage 5.0.1 and VSPK-Python 5.0.1
- NuageX (Nuage 4.0R5 and VSPK-Python 4.0.5)
- Ansible 2.3
- Ansible 2.3
- VSPK-Python matching your Nuage VSP environment
- Nuage VSP 4.0Rx, 5.x.x